Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

Well, the vast majority of Chictopians are girls of course, but have you noticed the slowly increasing amount of awesomely stylish and CUTE boys in the style gallery? I’d just like to say that boys, you are very much appreciated. Please post more. You all make me want to wear men’s clothes. Or have a boyfriend skinny enough to swap clothing with.

posted over 10 years ago
1 2
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not going to argue with anyone and I will just state something: it would be nice to know more stylish people, period. But it seems that guys usually don’t care as much about appearance… and the ones that do aren’t really that close to my age.

But I’ve seen many stylish guys on here that are way more inspiring than most of the people I know in person. Not trying to hate on the people I know! But it’s a bit refreshing to know that not all guys dress in tacky Ed Hardy stuff (and girls too, I guess).

posted over 10 years ago

Connoranon
Style_council
Connoranon

Boy love <3><3><3><3><3 Right here.

posted over 10 years ago

tod
Style_council
tod

in reply to the girls sayin “boys try too hard” i think it depends on the things one has in his wardrobe… speaking of myself i would say that havin much more items allows me to achieve easily the style i want or even avoid to create a specific style..
having larger and miscellaneous wardrobes (as boys tend to develop more nowadays) allows you to make spontaneous picks and have a more original result
that’s what i think and i know it does take less time and effort this way!
and btw the good choices are what builds up such a wardrobe…

posted over 10 years ago

silentscary
Style_council
silentscary

yea…. a lot of guys definitely try to hard. i think it’s a balance though, and at first they are going to come up with some horrible outfits, just like us ladies, so it’s good to give them grace. at the same time thought, i think it’s gross if a guy is acting like a girl and getting all stressed out about straightening his hair or wearing disgustingly uncomfortable skinny jeans. either way, i love seeing the guys on here putting themselves out there and being proud of how they dress and who they are :)

posted over 10 years ago

Style_council

lmfao this is a joke

posted about 10 years ago

Style_council

lmfao this is a joke

twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

840: Would you care to elaborate?

Style_council

actually no

hotfudgexd
Style_council
hotfudgexd

Oh well, anything is better than the same old abercrombie jumper every day :)

kaycee
Style_council
kaycee

i’m encouraging my brother to post his pictures. i haven’t seen him in years! he’s continents away and i want to see how he dresses up. i can’t really see his outfits in his pictures but my cousin who’s with him tells me how good of a fashionistO (?) he is.

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

I think for a boy to be stylish its all in the details and prefer subtlety in men’s clothing. Good to see boys here but I kinda like there being a lot of girls too. It feels like a safe club. But then I am a girly girl and prefer girls company. XD

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I feel this thread started out as supportive, then turned to be sad. :(

First, trying to hard???
I’m at a total loss as to how anyone could accuse the guys specifically of trying too hard. Have you looked at the pics of women here? ;) I mean, the number of women attempting to make “sexy face” or contorting their body to make “model pose” verges on comical. To then say males are the ones trying to hard is hypocritical, off-base and well, sexist. Like women want men to dress well, but then criticize men when they make the effort? That’s insane troll logic. ;)

That said, I’d rather try too hard and fall on my face, than be too afraid to give something a go. ;)

Second, not masculine enough???
I want to apologize on behalf of my entire gender for this sentiment. ;) If a man posted that women needed to dress more sexy or “girl-like” he probably would’ve been flamed to hell and back. Just as there are many ways for women to express themselves, there are many different ways for men to be Men. There is no single definition of masculinity. Some of these comments sound like we just took a trip back to the 50s.;) Plus, people should dress according to what makes them happy, not as decoration to please total strangers.

Third, not enough of XYZ??
if anyone wants to see more tall/short/fat/thin/macho/artsy/etc. men, then they should make that happen! :) This is a user-contributed site. Create the content you want to see! Post inspiration and outfit pics displaying the style you’d like to see. Bring friends with the build and style you’d like to see more of.

Finally,
As I understand it, Chictopia is supposed to be a supportive, inspirational and safe place for people to learn, take risks, try things, refine. Mostly learn. How can men (or anyone else) feel welcome to post if they’re then going to be criticized for not being “right” when they’re starting out? We’re all passionate and opinionated about style, but we can express that without knocking anyone else down.

I learn just as much from the men here as from the women. I hope they continue to flock here. :)

ryanchand
Style_council
ryanchand

it’s about time more guys are joining!

BrodyKushner
Style_council
BrodyKushner

Well put, ms_dyno.

1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password