Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

Mostly on the game boards where people post several times in a row. I think it is a cheap way of getting points and unfair for those who actually want to play the game.

posted almost 9 years ago
nancyleigh
Style_council
nancyleigh

I agree.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree… These games are supposed to be so that everyone can join in and have fun. I think it ruins it if people don’t wait their turn and keep posting again and again.
But as long as we receive points for posting in the forum then people are going to abuse it!
And if people aren’t multiple-posting for the points, seriously how freaking bored do you have to be to post literally 300+ times in a row on the same topic?!? I’m sure there’s more interesting things to do with your time and more interesting things to look at on the internet…

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

well if you wanna post then go post on that topic, no one was posting on it and i was bored so deal with it. yea i want the points, so what? who doesnt?

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

If you are posting purely to get the points (and you say you want the points) then I guess that could be considered as spam… if you are reported then your points can be taken away from you, which has happened before.

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

okay i dont really care. its not like me posting is preventing people from seeing other posts. i was posting on there cause i was bored and no one was posting anything anywhere (well anything interesting) so its not like it was stopping people from posting or seeing other posts. so its not like me getting points was hurting anyone

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

well, yeah , but im even annoyed by the spam which left u a comment on your photo telling you good stuff she/he sells and a link to a website

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Okay, that makes sense, I understand what you’re saying. Any one of us could go to a game thread and post multiple times, and you’re right that if no one else has posted anything then it’s not hurting anyone. But I do think that it’s a bit silly to do so, as I personally wouldn’t find the games fun if I was only replying to myself. Just my opinion :)

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

yea i get it. its not fun but thats not really a game, its just counting lol

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

so your going to stopp?

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

i did. did you not get that?

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

you didnt on the count to a million thread so thankyou.
So the questionn really is do YOU not get that.

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

yourwelcome :)
and yes i DO get that.

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

if you got it then chill&&stopp.

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

you dont need to say and twice. and and
wtf is wrong with you? hahahaha!!

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

Nothings wrong with me
:)

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

okay :)

cherichictopia
Style_council
cherichictopia

@Taylorjonas Please stop using profanity in this community or your account can be jeopardized. Your Chic Points will be removed in that case.

For everyone else, we are building an enhancement so that one user can only get up to 5 chic points from posting in the forum every 24 hours. This should help us alleviate the forum spam problem.

We are open to other ideas.

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

k sorry.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

whoa dramaaa

@cheri-I like the enhancement but can you make the cap a bit more than 5 points. That seems very little especially for people who don’t get that many chic votes on their outfits. Also, getting chic points from posts encourages people to start up conversations as well, not only spamming. I’m just afraid everyone will post a lot less and the forums will be dead

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

wow what an odd thread…

@Cheri, I definitely like that idea… but I’m not sure if it’s genuine for those who don’t even post on the game threads (not even talking about myself here :p since I do post there sometimes) I mean some (I’m having irisanddaniel in mind) only reply to real community topics so they deserve the chicpoint for being an active member in the community… (it’s also one chicpoint, so…) I was thinking, maybe if the games get their own forum place or something, you can limit the points received there? Or like a box to say: this is a game. Or a box so other users can say it is one, for those who aren’t that sincere…
I know this might not help the spamming problem though…

what it might do is descourage some people who play the games and gets others to participate at the forum more often… I really love the idea of the games not being on this particular forum.

cherichictopia
Style_council
cherichictopia

@boredstephanie and angiekje
Thanks for your feedback! Given that “gamers” tend to spam, our concern is that if we start a gaming section, they will still spam the Chictopian Central section, because this section get the most activity.
As far as Chic Points is concerned. We hope that our community member come here to contribute not for Chic Points, but for the support of the community. For those who do contribute a lot, Chic Points is just icing on the cake. We think that 5 thoughtful forum post is about the right number to reward those who want to contribute to quality conversation. Maybe 10? Let me think about this one :-)

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Interesting idea Cheri! I do agree with boredstephanie and angiekje, I think that the forums are a good way for members to gain points, and more importantly to have a ‘voice’ in the community, especially if they’re not comfortable with posting lots of outfit photos of themselves. And it does encourage conversation between members, i’ve gotten to know some members better through the forum who I otherwise wouldn’t have known if I had just been looking at their photos.
I do like the idea of a cap to stop spamming but I also agree that the cap should be more than 5 points or even 10 points, because there are a lot of members who often post replies on the forum which aren’t part of the ‘Games.’ Even though I do post on the games when i come on here, I’d like to think that most of my posts on the forum are in response to genuine questions/discussions.. sometimes I answer up to 20 topics in one day (depending on when I last visited the forum and if people have posted new topics!)
I would also prefer a ‘Games’ section… maybe you could implement something where in that particular section people could play the games for fun but not receive any chic points from it?? Either way, I will still continue to post on the forum :D

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

@Cheri you’re absolutely right, it is the icing on the cake :p and I hardly ever think about the points I’ll be gaining by posting here…
This is such a difficult matter!! Maybe do something so you can only post to a certain topic once… maybe twice a day? (just thinking out loud)

@coldlight, exactly the conversation with each other is so important and fun :D this is one of the ways to do so… and I think I even met you this way, haven’t I?
and I’m with you on answering up to 20 topics in one day :D sometimes even the same, it’s like talking to a person but with breaks in between…
I think a game section could filter the innocent “gamers” from the spammers, who will keep on using this forum… but again: thinking out loud here :p

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I think the best way to do it, even though it would take a lot more work than capping points (which is a great idea too by the way), would be to moderate the forums and make sure that games don’t happen at all.

I feel like the forum should be a place that we can gain knowledge, inspiration, and communication in ways other than having comments and photos (which sometimes is not the best way to carry out a conversation on deciding what to wear, or opinions on designers, etc.). Games seem to take away from this experience.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password