Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I was in the style gallery this morning on page one, and now I’ve gone all the way back to page seven and i’m not there anymore…but all the people I remember seeing around me are. What did I do wrong? :-(

posted almost 9 years ago
1 2 3 5
aranell
Style_icon
aranell

So, let me get this straight… Now, instead of moving the photos they like and dislike around, they just promote the looks they ‘approve of’ heavily on Facebook/Twitter, thus guaranteeing lots of page views? And page views just happen to be the main criteria for getting into the style gallery?
Surely they’ve given themselves even more control over the gallery, and managed to convince everyone that they did it in the name of fairness?

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

@Aranell: I never really though of it that way, but that brings a new perspective to the table. :)

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

@Aranell that is a new perspective… but I don’t think that’s how they do it… at least not 100%, sure they post some looks on their twitter and fb page… but not everyone who gets in has been published by them… me for one haven’t been (as long as I know of) so I don’t think that’s it… you still need 15 votes to become audience pick and get in the style gallery… anyhow: it has always been this way: whoever they put in the big picture on the first page get’s a lot of hits/votes/comments/fans/favorites :D so in a way that’s something that hasn’t changed… if they have more control… I don’t know.

it’s only a dream to be there one day and some people or on there so often :o it’s kind of frustrating in a good way (gets me to keep on pushing and improving in the hope they’ll ever pick me :p)

okay the last alinea is a new topic :D I’m so tired and have headache :D

Annebeth
Style_icon
Annebeth

Of course they can love a look and promote it, but that’s like 1 or 2 looks every day they post on facebook/twitter, and there are a lot more pictures that get in the style gallery every day so I really think people should quit overreacting. If you really want to get in, spam links to your chic entry of that day everywhere and ask your facebook friends to click it. If you’re really that serious about it.

edit: I just checked out chictopia’s twitter and yes, they do promote a lot of looks there, lol. I take back my words :D

charchelle27
Style_council
charchelle27

this is weird, i’m seeing some posts with not even 15 votes yet but they’re already in style gallery :/

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

They’re going to justify that with the amount of page views. :) The votes really don’t matter as much. It’s the unique page views and clicks to the look that matters.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

ugh. twitter. is that really what’s influencing our success on Chictopia nowadays? I don’t have a twitter and I swear I’ll never get one! No one is that important for me to be following that closely, and I hope no one else thinks I’M that important, either. lol

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

This is getting all so complicated now.
My friends don’t even know I have Chictopia, so I am not going to start spamming their FB’s and Twitter. I haven’t got into the SG once since the new system kicked in. It just seems more hassle than good.
As long as I get to look at and comment on everybody’s amazing outfits I don’t care. And as long as some people get to look at my outfits and appreciate them, that’ll keep me happy :D

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I wouldn’t spam my facebook friends with this either. if they’re not in the community, then they shouldn’t have to be a part of the community’s decision.

and now for something completely different: anyone know if a shop can be made style icon based on number of fans earned in a month? right now some of the top ‘rising stars’ for fans are shops…

franloiacono
Style_council
franloiacono

I don’t think they can…
Those shops are there only because now, to redeem something, you need to be fan of that shop…otherwise I don’t think they would have so many fans lol

:)

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

@Reybeltane: stores can, brands can’t… I know that fancytreehouse who became style icon few months back (november) is style icon, she showed her style using clothes she sold: so it’s also a store…

brands however can’t, k mart won’t be next style icon, don’t worry :) BUT I do want to say that I find it very annoying that they’re in the list… who are the people who would be there if those stores weren’t?

More about style icons: you don’t even have to be in the list to become one: chictopia is allowed to choose members who are active in the community and/or have great sense of style :) the list often has it right, BUT they can choose whoever get’s the honor :)

(anyway: I’m not an expert nor a style icon, so it’s possible that the information isn’t 100% accurate)

1 2 3 5
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password