Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

what is everyone’s take on this? i feel like it’s such a touchy subject, like abortion or capital punishment.

Is real fur ok when it’s vintage or a hand-me-down, or or should i be shamed into wearing fake fur that looks, well, fake?

posted about 9 years ago
1 2
RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

im fine with FAKE fur/leather etc. you can find fake ones that are almost as nice as the real ones. i think that if it were required for people to have to kill the animal themselves if they wanted real fur/leather… less people would wear them and go faux…

i think the same would go if people were required to kill the animal themselves for meat to eat. id probably become a vegetarian then lol but i wont stop eating meat unless that were the case, sorry. although generally i dont eat all that much meat i just feel that since food is something we NEED to survive then eating meat should be your own decision, but you dont NEED real fur/leather so…

posted almost 9 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

fake is the new real, fur-ly speaking!

posted over 8 years ago

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

I agreee with AlinaS

posted over 8 years ago

ChiLpari
Style_council
ChiLpari

i agree with alinaS too! :)

posted over 8 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

good quality fake

posted over 8 years ago

kiki_sandoval
Style_council
kiki_sandoval

fake or recycled real fur

posted over 8 years ago

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

As an animal lover I will never wear or support anyone who buys real fur. I think wearing and buying vintage fur walks a fine moral line that I personally don’t feel comfortable with. It’s true that by wearing used fur you aren’t directly supporting the murder and cruelty of animals, but you are supporting indirectly. Also, you may know it’s used, but others don’t and you’re sending a message that you’re okay with wearing fur. Fake fur I think is okay depending on how it’s represented. I wouldn’t wear a fake fur stole with a fake fox head on it, but I would wear a coat with a fake fur trim.

posted over 8 years ago

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

Just found this website online…it says that 2,000,000 cats and dogs are skinned alive every year in China for fur…http://animalsaviors.org/ (I could only watch about 5 seconds of the video before turning it off…it is very graphic just to warn you…)

posted over 8 years ago

spicygypsy88
Style_council
spicygypsy88

Faux

posted over 8 years ago

ReineRobot
New_user ReineRobot is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ReineRobot reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ReineRobot

I love faux and real fur. I don’t purchase real fur but have been given a few very nice vintage pieces that I could not refuse. Like my husbands Grandmother’s vintage fur collar and floor length mink coat…they had to stay in the family.

I would be very careful about wearing them however and am more keeping them for a family keepsake than anything else.

posted over 8 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password