Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

So I read news that American Apparel almost became a history with shitty economy.
Read the article

I always thought they were doing really well because I buy clothes from them all the time, my friends do too, etc

Though, I must say I am relieved that they are safe.

posted over 10 years ago
glamprivateye
Style_council
glamprivateye

well people are probably buying less nowadays but it seems like AA is still a very popular clothing line and people are continuing to buy from them
so yeah, they seem pretty safe

posted over 10 years ago

strawb3rricc
Style_council
strawb3rricc

Huh, I always figured that clothing companies geared towards the younger generations wouldn’t feel the brunt of the recession…lol

posted over 10 years ago

AnnaKonduh
Style_council
AnnaKonduh

I think a lot of businesses fail like a chain reaction from the bad economy.
And I guess, in some places, they don’t sell as much as other stores.(not as widespreadly known!)

But I’m glad they’re safe!

posted over 10 years ago

McKindReggie
Style_council
McKindReggie

I’m really not surprised…because lately they’ve gotten expensive out the yin yang.

posted over 10 years ago

cherrybitch
Style_council
cherrybitch

maybe they will have more sales? lol

posted over 10 years ago

goin
Style_council
goin

i know that to make money you’ve got to spend it and/or get investors, so i think it was more of a “we need more money, who will invest in us now during the recession?” also, a year ago there was only one AA here in Las Vegas. now there are 3, and one outlet (ONE store rarely ever seems to have customers in there everytime i stop by). if they are over-expanding in other places as well, i can understand why they had a moment (or will have) a moment of instability. just look at Starbucks.

posted over 10 years ago

Vampira
Style_council
Vampira

oh really i didnt hear about that, goes to website to check sales

posted about 10 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Are they a publicly traded company?

Honestly, I like the look of some of their stuff, but I always end up finding a more affordable version elsewhere.

cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

the recession hits anyone!

foxyybran
Style_council
foxyybran

The recession is hitting companies that don’t make smart investments. Most the people that shop at the cheap clothing retailers are probably taking a big hit, and losing their jobs, or having their time and pay cut back. That’s why AA is probably in trouble.

Vixxievicious
Style_council
Vixxievicious

omg i woulda died i love american apparel tht would have like seriously sucked im suprised though becuse they have stores everywhere i just dont get it

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

i think i’m one of the few people that’s still doesn’t understand this brand and so could care less if they went away. too pricey for too plain.

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

There’s an American Apparel 50% off sale at Hautelook.com for the next 35 hours or so. This is probably the only time I’d consider buying from the company.

Vampira
Style_council
Vampira

its true they are so pricey and everything they sell are like basics.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password