SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

Hey Chictopians(:

I have started a group on facebook I would love for you to join! It is “Fur is Not Art,” and it started after I was prompted to look up “real fur” and “taxidermy animals” on Etsy. I have since, been on a campaign to have people write to Etsy about their disgust. With all the beautiful faux fur by Karl Lagerfeld and TopShop… who needs… or wants… real fur? Plus, there are great vintage pieces too if you want the real…. better to wear the vintage then to let it into a dumpster and really disrespect that animal’s life.

So please join today! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108199402577684

and write: http://www.etsy.com/contact

Thank you from all our furry friends!
~LoveItShop

posted about 9 years ago
YchieRiot
Style_council
YchieRiot

Hi there.. =D I just joined the group on Facebook.. I like wearing furry clathes,well fake fur but not real one. =D And I love animals too.. =D Please do add me on facebook too..would love to know more from you.. =D
http://www.facebook.com/yChieRoCkz

posted about 9 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

Thank you!!! I will look for you on FB too(: Yes, I realllllyyyyy love the Rachel Zoe line of faux fur too. With all the options these days, why would you want your fashion to be without compassion?

posted about 9 years ago

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

would you wear faux fur?/

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I joined! I didn’t even know they sold pelts and things like that on etsy D=

posted about 9 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

I would be afraid to wear faux fur b/c it looks so real now! It is shocking how real it looks! You almost can’t tell the difference which is scary. If I did wear faux fur, I would add my favorite pin, a “Have a Heart” no to Fur pin from the Humane Society… so everyone would no it was faux! Or I will just walk around with my cat around my neck.. heehee. Thank you for joining, Stephanie!

posted about 9 years ago

GetyourTrashon
Style_council
GetyourTrashon

I dont understand the whole thing arround fur. We eat the animal and wear it’s fur. It is normal, it has been like that for over 2 million years… Dont get me wrong here I adore animals, I own two wonderful horses and I love them to death. But I feel like eating animals and wearing their fur/leather is just the most normal and humane thing to do. Of course when we make sure the animal doesnt suffer too much in the process.
So tell me, why are you against fur (and I guess leather too)?

posted about 9 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

Unfortunately, the way things were done 2 million years ago, aren’t the same as things now. We don’t eat the animal and wear it’s fur. Back then, people hunted, killed, and used the entire animal. Now, factory farms mass kill tortured cows, for consumption, but throw away the rest of their bodies, therefore, not using their skin (leather). Leather companies use the skin, but not the meat. Crazy, right?! It is so wasteful and sad.

I am against fur because they skin animals when they are alive. Most fur comes from China, where there are no regulations. A lot of what we think is rabbit or fox is actually cats and dogs. I have watched too many videos to count and they are gruesome. I think all animal lovers would agree that they hate seeing an animal in pain… just watch the videos!

Some people will argue that vintage leather and fur are just as bad as wearing new, but they are missing the point that the animal was killed over 20 years ago and if it isn’t worn… it is being wasted… and that animal’s life should be appreciated.

posted about 9 years ago

GetyourTrashon
Style_council
GetyourTrashon

Of course I’m against animal cruelty! Fur clothing is, however, not always made that way. It is the consumer’s responsability to look up the origines of the clothing they’re buying, and that applies to every single piece of your wardrobe. Way to many pieces that are in store were made by over-exploited children. So to come back to the fur topic, if the piece comes from a compagnie that respects animal rights, I dont see where the problem is.
(Oh and I’d like to apologise for my spelling, English is not my first language)

posted about 9 years ago

audreyj
Style_council
audreyj

I hate real fur, i mean what’s the point of having an animal skin in you? I kinda find it disgusting. I’m joining the group dear, i’m a big animal lover. And i think they shouldn’t suffer to make us look “good”

posted about 9 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

GetyourTrashon, no worries, your English is good for a 2nd language! You should see my Spanish! I won’t wear it b/c it used to be a living breathing animal, regardless to how it was killed. I feel you on the clothing made in places where children are making them. If a company is making fur items, more then likely they wouldn’t be animal rights… Maybe animal welfare b/c some meat distributions actually try to minimize the suffering of the animals… but animal rights and welfare are completely different.

Audreyj, thank you so much for joining and please pass it on!!!

posted about 9 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

I agree with the whole fur thing…because we are so advanced that I dont find it necessary to kill animals for fashion……anymore

posted almost 9 years ago

Tsiriano
Style_council
Tsiriano

I will join! I know we have a fur farm in Norway, and I don’t like it at all!

lucyplease
Style_council
lucyplease

I don’t get why people need real fur to wear. If they want real fur, they can get some faux fur to wear or something.

MissSmile1423
Style_council
MissSmile1423

I don’t like that people think it’s okay the wear animal fur.

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I’m an 11 year and going veg…I don’t wear real, but I do love faux :)

New_user 263161 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 263161 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I totally agree with what you have to say. I just joined the club on facebook. I absolutely hate how they treat the animals, and how they kill them for fur and taxidermy. It is so disgusting and cruel. If people are going to wear leather or fur they can use pleather or faux fur. Wearing something dead isn’t fashionable to me.

posted almost 8 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

@Ivanalnsanity thank you for your support! Facebook’s new dumb rule doesn’t allow me to post on the page until I hit a certain amount of people now…grrr… bc it is a “group.” It is still very important that the laws online to sell taxidermy are followed.. and that someone checks they aren’t being broken. It is scary bc they are so loose that poachers have no problem selling their lion paws to places like Etsy.com. Disturbing doesn’t even begin to describe it!

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

I like animals too, and we have got pet dogs…let’s get our priorities straight, human beings are more important than animals. Let’s pay a bit of attention to famine,wars,homelessness…you don’t have to look far,you can find plenty of those who require your help, in your very city!

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

That is not even the topic here. The point is that using animals to make wall hangings, stuffed animals, and other wasteful items is not “art,” and should have stricter laws in selling those items online. Anyone can say, " this animal I used it to make this item died of natural causes"… When it could have been killed by a poacher. Poachers effect their communities and other humans die trying to stop this. Also, humans couldn’t live in a world without animals… It is a proven fact. Saying we are more important is ignorant. They deserve rights as well. I also donate and am an activist for human rights. I volunteer in my city as well.

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

@barepeppermint Thank you! My dream in life is to just speak the facts and help give animals a voice. I know I can’t change people’s minds… they have to want to change. I was a huge carnivore and wore vintage furs for many years in my life. It took the writings of Marc Bekoff and Jane Goodall to really open my eyes and heart. My love of animals was there from the beginning (as many people’s) but I was naive and thought it was all “normal.” Once you see the pain and sadness in their eyes… you know they are capable to feel just as much as we do.

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I don’t really like fur whether is real or faux.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password