SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  miley cyrusperformancevma
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Just when I thought I was finally getting around to liking the new Miley, she pulls a crazy inappropriate act at the VMAs which made me think that she should have never left Disney Channel. A lot of twerking and grinding were involved in her performance—which she ended with stripping down to nothing but a pair of flesh toned latex underwear.

I feel sorry for the girl. I was really liking her new “bad-girl” image, but this just puts me off. If I were a parent I would be worried about my kids listening to her music. Personally, I’m a fan of self-expression and I’ve always adored Lady Gaga and her crazy performances. But I really don’t know what to think about Miley. What do you think?

posted about 6 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I really, really like her new song and the video that goes along with it, but last night was totally disappointing. It was tacky and tactless and the most disappointing part was she barely sang! It wasn’t really choreographed in any way that made sense and just generally pointless. I’m not easily offended, but it was honestly just trying too hard to be shocking and offensive.

posted about 6 years ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

I didn’t get to see it when it showed, but when I finally got to see it, I was shocked! The whole time I was thinking, “what does her dad think of this?!” Super sad to see how she turned out, and a very bad example to the kids who grew up watching her on Disney Channel.

posted about 6 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i saw a little that was enough to feel sorry for her.she wants to leave the girlie girl image at any price even by ridiculizing herself….

posted about 6 years ago

Maaaaci
New_user Maaaaci is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Maaaaci reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Maaaaci

I think if she wants to go all crazy and dance with teddy bears wearing a matching onesie, than yeah go for it, whatever, but her performance got super inappropriate. With all the twerking, stripping down to nude colored underwear,and grinding on Robin Thicke, it just became tacky. Not only were there children in the audience but there were also children at home watching the VMA’s and that’s where I draw the line. It’s even more irritating that she is getting exactly what she wants because everyone has been talking about her for weeks due to her outrageous performance.

posted about 6 years ago

crystalj
New_user crystalj is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When crystalj reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
crystalj

I really like her song. I am actually listening to Wrecking Ball right now and it is really very touching, heartfelt.. makes me teary eyed now. But the thing is I don’t like how she’s acting right now. Lady Gaga has her own style, a different kind of sexiness, if it’s vulgar or not or weird enough, Gaga is just being different with the way she dress herself up but with MIley, too much sexuality..what I see is that she’s trying so hard to break away tfrom that Disney cuties personality just like with Lindsay, before was Britney and the others. I hope Miley gets back to what she used to be.. I really love her

posted about 6 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I recently read this open letter from from Sinead O’Connor to miley with her giving advice on how she shouldn’t let herself be manipulated and exploited by the music industry. Miley replied with nasty tweets talking about Sinead’s mental state. I really don’t know what’s going on with this girl. :’(

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password