SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

Have you ever walked a cat? I’ve heard of it but I’ve never done it with my cat, I think she’d freak out! Let me know your experience with it – if you’ve ever tried it or why you haven’t.

posted almost 8 years ago
Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

I tried to walk my cat once, I went as far as buying a harness for the leash so that she wouldn’t choke herself, and when i even tried to put the leash and harness on her she freaked out. We only made it to the front porch haha. She wouldn’t even walk, she hated it! I don’t think that you should try it unless your cat is very tolerant haha!

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’ve never tried it before

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I tried once and my cat hated it, he started running in circles and rolling around trying to free himself from the leash.
I went to a park once and saw a cat just chillen out with a leash once though, it was pretty cute.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I saw someone walking their cat once, and it did not look happy!

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I tried it once, she got so stressed and refused to move so I had to carry her all the way.. :D I guess if you wanna walk your cat you should teach her while she’s still a baby so she isn’t afraid.

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I walk my cat all the time.
But she thinks she’s a dog so she’ll do anything my dog does.

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think it’s something you need to start early. Like, you need to train them from a very young age. When I was younger, I used to try to put my cats on leashes but they would just freak out and scratch me and nearly hang themselves. Scary! It was a time before halters for cats had been invented. Most of the time, tho, they would just flop over on their sides and you would have to drag them. Not very practical if you’re trying to actually go for a walk in the neighborhood.

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

lol, i’ve never seen anyone walk a cat before

posted over 7 years ago

girlfrommars79
New_user girlfrommars79 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When girlfrommars79 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
girlfrommars79

I’ve walked with 2 of my 3 cats. The first one hated it and tried to scale the garden fence (but she was a stray kitty from a rescue home), the second one was a bit younger and he seems to tolerate it! Although now he has worked out the cat flap, the harness probably won’t get any more use! Anyone want to buy it?!

posted over 7 years ago

SAndreea
Style_council
SAndreea

no but i think it’s a bit stupid to walk your cat

posted over 7 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

i’ve seen it on animal planet’s my cat from hell, and i trully want to try it, since my cat has never been outside, i just got her, she’s 3 yrs/old and the former owner told me that she’s an indoor cat, which i think is dumb, altho there;s the walking cat thing, soo i’ll try it later

posted over 7 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

No but I would if she would let me BUT only around my yard I don’t want a dog running out after her or worst a coyote!

posted over 7 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

i tried and felt like diein or worse.

posted over 7 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

lol I’ve tried walking my cat but she hates it:P

posted over 7 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I’ve actually never tried that!

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password